Wednesday 14 March 2007

Thoughts from Our Daily Bread : He is There

Had an interesting find in Our Daily Bread today... so thought I'd just share it here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14th March 2007
He will not leave you nor forsake you. —Deuteronomy 31:6

Tanya’s fiancĂ© David was lying in the intensive care unit after a delicate procedure to repair a brain aneurysm. David’s eyes focused on Tanya, who had hardly left his side in several days. In wonder, he said, “Every time I look up, you’re here. I love that. Every time I think of you, I open my eyes and you are there.”

That young man’s appreciation for the woman he loves reminds me of the way we should feel about God’s presence in our lives.

He is always there. The Lord’s presence gives us comfort and security. He has promised, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Heb. 13:5). Who knows us more completely? Who loves us more fully? Who cares for us so well?

In Psalm 139, we read what King David thought of God’s precious presence. He wrote, “O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; . . . and are acquainted with all my ways. . . . If I ascend into heaven, You are there” (vv. 1-3,8).

No matter what happens to us, we have this assurance: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Ps. 46:1). Open your eyes and your heart. He is there.

Cindy Hess Kasper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My prayer is that both you and I will be able to say of the Lord,
“Every time I look up, you’re here. I love that. Every time I think of you, I open my eyes and you are there.”

May God bless you today!

1 comment:

Leishia said...

aint God beautiful? thanks for sharing!