Monday 19 March 2007

Reflections of the past week...

Last week really flew right by. For most part, I was in a rather semi-conscious state. Perhaps I was just waaayy too tired. For those of you who had to endure my repeated questions (since I can't seem to retain any information at all!! eh, this is worse than my already failing & short memory, okay!)... I appreciate your patience!

Let's recap last week and summarize the little bits and pieces that I can recall, hehe...

I remembered being all excited that Lovy was coming to visit... Major shopping spree!! Erm... mostly window shopping lah... don't worry!! *winks* Lovy got a few good buys though!! =) Ooohh... and my first taste of Ultimate Frisbee last Sunday... Yeah, Leishia, those people can run circles around you, can't they? Oh, and the difference between my experience and Leishia's is, I didn't get any 'formal training', i.e. the 'manual' that Leishia was blogging about... I got on-the-spot explanation and quick lesson on how to throw the frisbee (eh, in case you're wondering... I CAN throw a frisbee lah!!), and on to the game! To sum up the game in 3 words: FUN. Tiring. FUN!!!!

Ultimate shopping spree on Monday... Dragged self to work on Tuesday... late! Sigh. Was out the whole day again as I had another appointment after work. Perhaps I should've took an MC... but do they dish out MCs for lethargy?? Oh well... got home and slept till morning... Woke up late again... RUSH RUSH RUSH!!! Wednesday went by like a blur... too tired to go for prayer meeting some more... You may think I had enough rest since I missed prayer meeting... think again!! Thursday morning - I think I'd turned off my alarm instead of snoozing it... haihz!! And then Thursday became... another blur....

Friday came along really quickly... managed to get up and got to work at 7:15am!! What a feat, haha! But, it came at a price lah... Dozing off while driving... happened about 2-4 times! Thank God, I managed to get to work in one piece!! Sat down in office... fell in and out of sleep for an hour... not that it helped that much... but at least it got me through the day... Think I had a short nap during lunch hour also... Thank God for 2.5hr Friday lunch break!!!

Friday also happened to be the day that Matta Fair started... (Matta Fair = travel fair, where you can get discounts on flights, travel packages, etc) So, thinking that I'd avoid the crowd (and it was already pouring cats and dogs by the time I was leaving office), I took an alternative way home... little did I know that it took me 1.5 hours and about 1.5-2 times the normal distance, with RM3.20 in toll, to get home!!! Hence, missed my ride to cell, and had to drive self there. Sooo tired on Friday evening, couldn't bear to get out of bed as soon as I'd plopped onto it, in order to make some instant noodles for dinner. Ended up stuffing in 2 pieces of cream crackers after taking a quick bath and before leaving for cell group meeting. Interestingly enough, I didn't even feel hungry... must be the lethargy overriding any feeling of hunger, haha!

After cell meeting, went home and slept!!! Slept till about 11am... was awakened by parents cos they wanted to go for brunch and then visit my aunt who's warded in the hospital... So, dragged myself out of bed and we were out of the house by 12pm. Had brunch and then on to the hospital...

At the hospital, you would think that the fruit basket was meant for the patient's consumption... think again... haha!! In the end, my aunt had a quarter of a plum and 2-3 grapes... out of about 4-5 plums, an orange, 2 small bunches of grapes, and a couple of Packham pears!! She didn't want to eat cos it was too hard, and she didn't want to keep it for too long in case it spoils... so in the end, it was fruit fest for her son's family and mine, haha! Ironic!!!

Went home, napped, finished homework for Sunday's class... I suppose it was sufficient rest to get me up to make it to class on Sunday morning... 9am, okay... After Sunday service was lunch and go home for more rest... Sorry lah, Leishia, couldn't join in for frisbee... And soon enough, it was Monday... the week seemed to have flew right by!!

Overall, it started great!! Especially hanging out with Lovy and Donny. By Wednesday, I was like a walking zombie... So far, it seems that I'm back to normal (whatever that is, hehe!)

Oh yeah, yesterday ended with quite a sad note... I lost my white gold ring that my mom gave me. Think it slipped off without my noticing when I was washing my hands at KFC. So sad... And this morning, I had such a tough time (dunno how come suddenly liddat) maneuvering the side parking, I scraped my tyre against the curb and squished a few leaves of the plant that was growing there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor plant ... and poor tyre...