Tuesday 27 March 2007

Down and out...

Been awhile since the last blog... So much has happened. This post, as the title says, is about being 'down and out'... Other stuff or happenings will be updated later la... Can't write that much right now, haha!

Okay... yesterday, was physically down and out!! It all started with the occasional sneeze and sniffle. Brought leftover pizza (compliments of my sis) for lunch. Decided that I could use an 'outing' to get away from the cold office, so I went out with my colleagues when they went for lunch. Having already been sniffling, decided to have 100Plus la... At least can replenish some of the fluids I've been losing, hehe! Earlier in the day, took Sunkist Orange Juice and popped in vitamin, along with plenty of water, hoping to ward off the progression of the dreaded sniffles. Seemed to help a little bit, but when we came back after lunch.... it struck!! Acute case of ahchoo's and tissue dependance!! Sighz. Was so bad that I went to one of the bosses at my workplace to ask for the rest of the day off. Thankfully, I got just that!

So, off I went. Managed to get home in one piece, thank God. The sniffles were starting to win the battle... As soon as I got home, I was already too exhausted and sick. I wonder if I'd looked in the mirror, would I see a greenish hue? Anyway, I took an antihistamine, changed into something more comfortable, and slept... Slept... Slept... From 3pm, I wasn't even conscious of my surroundings (good thing no fire or war broke out, hehe!) until about 8pm. Woke up, ate dinner, was out again by about 9pm. Woke up in the middle of the night, around midnight, I think. Watched the finale of 'My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss' (extremely funny reality show!!) and then finally took a bath. Yes, I know that it's late, and I should not be taking bath at such late hours, but the initial plan to bathe before taking a nap when I got home could not materialize lar. I suppose it's good also, was waaaayyy too tired! If I had fallen over in the bathroom, I'd be... I'd be... oooh... I'd be in heaven... woohoo!! Okok, coming back down to earth now...

That was yesterday. Slept after the bath, and this morning, I woke up on the first alarm!! Haha. No snooze ler! Not something that happens often, hehe! I just laid there, wondering whether or not I wanted to go in to work today. Felt a bit feverish, but consultation with the trusty thermometer showed a normal temperature. So, decided to go in lah. As soon as I stepped into the office, I started to regret coming in, haha. Body aching from the effects of the acute onset yesterday! By the time all my other colleagues mosey-ed in, I'd managed to psych myself to stay in the office. No more sneezing and sniffling. Just the body ache. Bearable lah.

Later in the morning, there was a call from front office (department's office). At the time, I was trying to take blood pressure reading - the manual/traditional way! So long since I last did that... and it's still not an easy feat!! Front office said that (main) admin called to ask me to go downstairs to see the admin officer in charge of my employee file. Figuring that I'm not gonna get anywhere with my attempts to 'traditionally' take blood pressure measurement, I went down using the back stairs to admin, wondering what I could be called for.

Down the steps I went, one by one by.... whoops!!! Slipped a few steps!! Held onto the side rail for dear life, haha! Good thing I'm not that heavy kua... Or else cannot hold on to myself ler! Haha! Well, no broken bones... no broken back... no broken head... thank God!! Just lost some skin cells to the rail due to the friction. Thankfully, I had trimmed my nails last night. Or else, there might have been more damage (broken nail and such), haha! Feet scraped against the stairs, but I think my long pants prevented any scratches. Not sure if I sustained any bruises, but we shall know tomorrow, won't we?

So, feet aching a bit and feeling a bit shaken and unstable from the slip, went into admin to look for the admin officer. She wasn't at her table. Hey, didn't the call say to go down now? I asked her colleague for her. She pointed to the back. No. No sign of her. Then, suddenly, she popped up from behind the table! She was squatting next to another person's table. Must've been blocked by the computer also, haha!! I was chuckling by then... thinking, like some magic trick, haha!! Like Jason popping up from behind the partition on his cue to enter the scene at skit practice on Sunday, haha!

Here's the ironic thing, she asked me why I went down, as she asked to call her only. Hmm... must be miscommunication lar... sighz. Anyway, since I'd already gone down, she passed me a copy of the letter to inform me that I was selected to go for the Induction Course in April. Erm, a bit of background : induction course is basically introduction of government service and the laws and regulations during service, etc. For all government servants... Yes, I'm a government servant. Compulsory service. Ask me another time. Long story.

Okay, so there I was thinking, oh wow, at least I don't have to wait any longer, as I'd already been in government service for slightly more than 1.5 years. (We need to do the induction course and pass the induction exam before we complete 3 years service; and the exam results take months before it is released) Then I read on... the induction course will be in.... CORAL BAY RESORT, PANGKOR ISLAND!! Woo hoo!!! So, I'll be away for induction course from 12th - 25th April! Time to go shopping for sunblock, hehe! Not so sure what is in store, but the timetable suggests long long days of activities and lectures. Need to wake up at 6:30am everyday!!! Sleep is scheduled at about 11pm, but from stories from seniors, I may be expecting much less sleep than that. Sighz. Oh well, you'll hear all about it when I get back. The good part is that during the 2 weeks, I'll be on unrecorded leave... haha! However, the not so good part is that the exam is on the very next day after we come back : 25th April 2007. So fast!! On the lighter side, at least all the stuff that was taught will still be fresh in my mind, right?

Okay... that's it for the tales of 'down and out'... Until next time... I'll try to be more careful on steps, and so should you... *winks* Take care!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hai yo... better watch your steps next time... when was the last time u had your eyes cheked...?? hehe...

and ya... get well soon....

and also.... have an enjoyable tim ein Pangkor.. don't forget souvenirs.

hehehe..... later....

kimaroo said...

erm... i do believe i said i may barely get enough sleep? got time to go shopping ah? =P

Unknown said...

ahahaha.... ok ok... sleepy eyes will lead to slippery foot... hhmm interesting... hehe

shopping??? I'd wish I have the time.