Monday 2 July 2007

KFC vs. Ikea Restaurant??

Okay, reading Eric's blog on 'KFC vs. Ikea Restaurant' had me craving for chicken chop today. So, since he has already reviewed the Ikea Restaurant's chicken chop in his blog and not tried KFC's, I decided today's lunch was going to be KFC Black Pepper Chicken Chop! Plus, Ikea would be too far to travel given my short lunch break today... KFC, on the other hand, is just a few kilometres away, hehe!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the KFC outlet I'd gone to had a Drive Thru. They probably had this for a while already, but I haven't been there in ages! So buying lunch took only about 15minutes from and back to office.

Okay... so based on Eric's criteria, here's my take on KFC Black Pepper Chicken Chop:

The Price:

I ordered just the Chicken Chop set, without the drink... However, due to unavailability of Mushroom Soup, it was replaced with a regular Pepsi! (Hence, sorry, no comment on Mushroom Soup) ---> after taxes: RM10.40 (before tax: RM9.90??)

The Drink:

As said above: PEPSI (Well, I suppose it's better than 7up Revive, which I think tastes a bit wierd anyways...) See comment on Eric's blog on what I think about 7up Revive.

The Side Dishes:

No mushroom soup!! I don't believe it!! (-.-") Not a fan of KFC coleslaw so that was yucky for me. Bun... is a bun. Fries... kinda cold.
Verdict: I think I may like Ikea's offering (Mashed Potato) better.

The Sauce:

Okay, Eric, I don't think that it's from a bottle... Unless bottled black pepper sauce looks and tastes like ground black pepper made into watery sauce. All I could taste is black pepper... and black pepper!! (Can get sorethroat with the amount of pepper!! Yikes!)
Verdict: Me no like very much. Definitely prefer Ikea's brown sauce... yummy!

The Chicken:

Yes, KFC Original Recipe fried chicken. A single boneless piece as suggested by Eric, but no thick coat of flour to make it look bigger la. Just the Original Recipe chicken style.
Verdict: I'm okay with the chicken here. Do enjoy KFC chicken every now and then... However, only one piece of chicken here, unlike THREE pieces at Ikea... if you're a big eater (like Lai San or Kenrick, hehe), you might wanna consider Ikea.

Okay, that's my take... Feel free to comment and vote for your preference, hehe! KFC vs. Ikea Restaurant... who will win???

*will have picture(s) here later on... in office now, can't upload the picture to the computer*

No comments: