Friday 20 July 2007

The One About The Dream...

Dreams... An expression of our emotions? A vision of things to come? The playing of our subconscious thoughts?

"Both Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung identify dreams as an interaction between the unconscious and the conscious." (Wikipedia - Dream)


I suppose by now, you would be able to guess that I'm up at this hour because of a dream.

"According to Craig Hamilton-Parker, author of Fantasy Dreaming, many humans find certain dreams extremely difficult to recall." (Wikipedia - Dream)



I have to agree with the guy. So, I figured I may as well blog about it since I can't fall back to sleep, sighz.

It was quite real... at least it felt that way, cos I think I woke up whimpering...

I drove to someplace (I think it was some sort of school), parked right in front of the building and went into the building. I reckon that I was going for class or something. I had brought along my laptop in a computer bag, and I remembered my new camera was in the bag as well. After a while, I realised that I had left my bag in the car. I quickly rushed to the entrance of the building, it was raining outside. Dark skies. I could see my parked car from the entrance. I quickly ran to my car. Then everything went into slow motion (like the movie, Matrix). I was approaching the front of my car. Don't even remember if it was still raining, but felt like it wasn't. My mouth dropped, and so did my heart, as I fell onto my knees. Everything happened s-l-o-w-l-y. The car door was ajar. And it was opened from the 'wrong angle', as in, the door opened from the hinge instead of the erm... door. (I have no clue how that was possible! But, I suppose in dreams, anything can happen, right?) At that instant, I knew. The computer bag with my laptop and camera in it - gone! My heart fell to the ground before my knees touched the ground. Then slow motion picture of knees dramatically hitting the ground with a splash as the raindrops kept falling. The next scene was going home and telling my mom what happened. Crying from the devastation of my loss due to my absent mindedness.

I suppose it was then I woke up whimpering. I laid there wondering whether it was actually real. Sure felt real... Realized it was a dream and tried to go back to sleep. Obviously, that didn't happen.

I am reminded of how we should be good stewards of what we have. Often time, we take what we have for granted. Or, we don't use what we have. For example, the gifts, talents and characteristics that God has given us. How many actually serve others with what they have?

As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. - 1 Peter 4:10 (NASB)

Moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy. - 1 Corinthians 4:2

I have only just a minute,
only sixty seconds in it,
Forced upon me, can’t refuse it;
didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it;
But it’s up to me to use it.
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give account if I abuse it.
It is only just a minute,
BUT ETERNITY IS IN IT!

No comments: