Friday 6 July 2007

Who Moved My Cheese?

Had lunch by myself at a cafe next to Shi Wei's office. Went over but just missed her, so a solo lunch for me. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, though, as I picked up this book, which phrase is quite commonly heard - "Who Moved My Cheese?", and it soon became my new lunch buddy.
An interesting read indeed about 4 characters: Hem, Haw, Sniff and Scurry; where Hem & Haw were littlepeople and Sniff & Scurry were mice. Their mission is the same: to find The Cheese.

Basic principle:

Having Cheese Makes You Happy



The Handwritings On The Wall:
  • Having Cheese Makes You Happy
  • The More Important Your Cheese Is To You The More You Want To Hold On To It

  • If You Do Not Change, You Can Become Extinct
  • What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?

  • Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When Its Getting Old

  • Movement In A New Direction Helps You Find New Cheese

  • When You Move Beyond Your Fear, You Feel Free

  • Imagining Myself Enjoying New Cheese Even Before I Find It, Leads Me To It

  • The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Find New Cheese

  • It Is Safer To Search In The Maze Than Remain In A Cheeseless Situation

  • Old Beliefs Do Not Lead You To New Cheese

  • When You See That You Can Find And Enjoy New Cheese, You Change Course

  • Noticing Small Changes Early Helps You Adapt To The Bigger Changes That Are To Come

  • Move With The Cheese And Enjoy It!

In short, here's the "cheesy summary":

My recommendation: Read the book, hehe!

No comments: