Wednesday 4 July 2007

Motorcyclists - #1 Road Hazards??

My opinion... absolutely!! (To be fair, most of 'em lah... maybe a few rare ones who are not too bad)

- They weave in and out of traffic like nobody's business.
- They ride against traffic.
- They think they're so all that. As if lah they are so big liddat. Ish!
- They may be the cause of an accident but are labelled "innocent until proven guilty".
- They ride in the middle of mainstream traffic although taxpayers' money have gone into constructing motorcycle lanes.
- (Many many more reasons, I'm sure, but if I keep going on, this post will be pages and pages long!)

You must be wondering what's up with all this ranting. Well, first, a ding dong of a motorcyclist (have probational license only) fell down and skidded into the back of my car, as I was entering a slip road, last month. So far, I've paid for my own damages and not claimed a single sen from him (or his insurance). To top it off, that day, I even took the trouble to send him to the clinic and then my dad helped to send him to the hospital for x-ray. Missed attending my friend's wedding because of this whole fiasco. Two weeks later, he's calling me to ask me to pay for his medical bill (which, my insurance company advised against since I'm innocent and being kindhearted to help him out will only cause me to be assumed as the guilty party) or else he'll see me in court. The cheek of him!! Grrr!! Any one has any idea how to countersue (if he attempts to bring up a case) or sue this guy for my damages as well as mental stress? Please let me know.

Today, on the way to work, a reckless motorcyclist almost caused an accident!! Traffic in the morning, as usual, is pretty heavy. A motorcyclist was riding in the middle of traffic, between my car (right lane) and another car (left lane). Not only that, he was hogging the 'path' so other motorcycles couldn't overtake him unless they manouvered into either lane, which a few did... into my side of the road!! So, I was subjected to be an unwilling participant in a "game" of dodge with those crazy people. Later, I got a chance to overtake this silly motorcyclist and noticed that his helmet was on rather loosely although it seemed buckled, but traffic slowed a bit further on, so he caught up. Overtook me. Then, the most unbelievable thing happened right in front of my eyes: The motorcyclist raised his hand, stroked his helmet (like you stroke you hair... perhaps he forgot he had a helmet on??) and his helmet just FELL OFF!!! Right into the middle of my lane. Thank God I managed to slow down so that I don't crash into the helmet. The helmet bounced past the front of my car to the side of the road (right lane) and I drove past it. Not sure if the car behind me saw the bouncing helmet, but really thank God the car was not that close behind me and didn't crash into me when I slowed down to avoid the helmet. The motorcyclist (I dunno if he was sleep-riding the whole time cos he looked really blur) still looked as blur as ever and finally pulled over to the left side of the road, with a looked that could be 'captionized' as "wha...??? hmm... where'd my helmet go?". Siao-ness!!

So now I ask you - what do you think? Motorcyclists - #1 Road Hazards???

No comments: