Friday 29 June 2007

Highlights from my first business trip

Well, work has been really busy lately... Really REALLY busy!! =S However, was blessed with an opportunity to be included in a recent business trip to Sg. Petani, Kedah... My first time travelling for work purposes, woo hoo! It was definitely... interesting. In various ways, hehe. Here's the highlights from the trip and the various 'interesting' happenings! Enjoy!!


First, I got myself to the airport earlier than expected. Checked in. No more window seats, sighz. Oh well, moving on... When I got to the boarding checkpoint, as usual, had to walk through a metal detector... which, unfortunately for me, I seem to have set off!! Hey, no weapons on me lar!! I suspect it was the overload of metallic accessories... As a result, I got body checked, sighz!! -.-" I suspect the metal hairclip set me over the threshold of 'allowable' metallic items to pass through the detector, as I didn't set off the detector when I didn't wear my hair up with that clip during my return flight. =S


<-- Accessories I had on, minus a necklace and a bracelet, which I didn't want to take off for photography sake <-- My plane to Penang!! Flew in to Penang International Airport and then by car to Sg. Petani. Because our transport was stuck on the Penang bridge due to a massive traffic jam, we were 'stranded' at the airport in Penang for about an hour. One of the more unusual things I noticed was this lady hurriedly walking INTO the airport... while zipping up her jeans!! =S Perhaps she really needed to go to the toilet and forgot that she's gotta be in it before unzipping??? At the end of my first workday, I checked into my hotel room!! A whole big room and a whole big bed... for one little me, hehe! Check it out... <-- Various angles of my room... before it started to look lived in, hehe! <-- I don't believe this... they provide detergent, haha! Too bad the place I had to spend 2 weeks at didn't... would've been useful then. <-- View of hotel at night... =) Sg. Petani is a relatively small town... so you can imagine how wonderfully surprised I was to find a mall!! Within walking distance from my hotel, some more, hehehe!! *grinz* Didn't get a chance to go shopping la, but from the outside, it looks like this little mall only has Parkson Ria and Giant in it... Well, it IS still better than nothing, no? *winks* <-- Petani Parade!!

No comments: