Friday 8 June 2007

You know you have friends when...

1>> they detour to meet you and offer help although all of you are all likely to be delayed

Was involved in a minor accident last Saturday on the way to a Fara's wedding. Lim, Lai and Irda detoured all the way to the clinic I sent the motorcyclist to offer any help or support they could although we were all already running late. The accident was at where we were supposed to meet in order to get to Fara's wedding together. Probationary licensed motorcyclist who most likely hadn't realized that tyres could spin in an attempt to be 'too smart' ends up skidding into the back of a car... sighz... 'nuff said. It was heartwarming that they stayed with me and even went all the way to Subang to accompany me when I made the police report. However, an hour after submitting the written report, I was told that I had to make the report in Shah Alam, where the accident happened, so I told them to just go without me since my dad had arrived and could go with me. So, thanks y'all... And so sorry that I had to miss your wedding, Fara... congratulations!!

Also thank God for my daddy who went round and round with me all afternoon, as well as those who've called, texted or both to show your concern... I appreciate it!

2>> they travel out of their way to join you for your church camp

Yes, a wonderful time indeed at church camp with the lovely Ms. Lovy! =) My roomie, my friend, my 'enemy', my 'evil stepmother', my nurse, .... okay, this list is getting too long! Was good to have you around the past few days, and thanks for taking care of me when I was sick at camp! Overall, one of the best camps I've had!! Enjoy your trip to Japan!

3>> they take care of you when you're sick

Yups, down with something... I don't know what. Feverish the past couple of days. Lost my voice (which, miraculously, I had regained overnight in order to narrate for my group's skit presentation at camp, PTL!). Lots of phlegm built up. Now coughing like crazy despite seemingly no phlegm in my lungs... Phlegm seems to be more likely congested in the nasal cavity and stuck somewhere between my nose and throat. *sweat* So far looks like fever's under control. Glad that I've got a couple of days MC to rest at home, so it's back to work next week. Just making a note of thanks to anyone and everyone who's been concerned and/or offered to help. Special mention to Lovy, Eric and Kevin... my travel buddies... God bless you!


Well, in a nutshell, once you find true friends... thank God for them and cherish them. "Friends are the people who walk in when everyone else walk out." How true. Thank you, Lord, for my friends...

No comments: