Friday 1 June 2007

Treasure hunt / Solving mysteries

It's interesting to note that at my new workplace, I've been assigned to do the department's statistics... extract, tabulate, report... and at times, even do an audit on the numbers (why they don't tally)!! These couple of days I've been working on numbers and more numbers. =S

Having been frazzled by the assortment of numbers and manual calculations, also not to forget the mini-'statistical'-investigations, I decided to do a bit of slice-and-dice with some recycle paper in order to refill the rough paper in my mini clipboard. This task resulted in a little mountain of paper bits to be thrown away. And by the time I was done, my desk was cluttered with paper - work related as well as the paper bits.

Cleared my desk and back to the numbers... Then I realized my highlighter went missing! Another 'mystery'... Did a search on my desk, my cubicle, the floor, other colleagues desks... it was nowhere to be found, and I'd just received it last month... still so new! Doing a little 'retrospective analysis', I decided to check my wastepaper basket... And at the bottom of all the paper bits I'd just thrown away, there it was - my brand new bright yellow highlighter!!! *slap forehead* Sigh... Good thing I didn't chuck my work related papers, hehe! And also that the cleaning people haven't cleared the wastepaper basket... phew!

Well, yet another mystery solved, hehe!!

Other happenings...
> Working hours for me are 7:30am - 4:30pm, from June onwards (oooh... almost time to go home, yay!)
> Fara's wedding is tomorrow! (Congratulations, Fara!!! *grinz*)
> Church camp is coming soon and I have yet to start packing, haha!
> Uploaded new song (from one of the new CDs I got recently) and... it plays... thought it had some problems, but perhaps I was just being a bit impatient... dunno lar, I'm still not sure if I got the codes done properly mah... so please forgive and bear with my noobness lah

Okay, time to go home... Looks like today no need to stay overtime, yay!! It's raining... and freezing now!!! Thankfully, it's school holiday - hopefully traffic is clear!

No comments: