Saturday 3 May 2008

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - Thank God It's Friday!!

No, I'm not promoting for TGI Fridays... However, I wouldn't mind promoting if I got some free meal or something, hehehe... *winks*

 

Friday was really a day where the phrase, "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" fit perfectly!

 

The Good :-

1. Managed to clear a little bit of work by the end of the day so that I can have a clear mind during my 3 days away from office next week. Most importantly, sent out Meeting Minutes for upcoming meeting on the coming Thursday (my first day of the next week in the office!)

2. Got black and white that I will be attending the extra training modules, the first of which starts on Monday.

 

The Bad :-

1. Post meeting = backlog + more work (Familiar equation, right?)

2. If this keeps up, I'll have to bring home work more often, blog less... =(

 

The Ugly :-

1. Got pulled over by Mr. Traffic Police on the way home.

It was bad enough that I left the office later than I'd liked, I realised (about two thirds of the way home) that I'd left my mobile phone on my table in the office. =.=" So turned around and drove all the way back to office to retrieve my mobile phone, since I would probably need it... (Mobile phones have become a necessity - Gone are the simple, mobile-phone-less days, hehe!) Praying and hoping all the way back to office that my colleagues had not left and locked up the office already. Zoom, zoom... back to office, grabbed phone, quickly made my way home. On the way home (the second time), I got pulled over by Mr. Traffic Police. Ironically, this same point was where I realized my phone wasn't with me and I turned back to get it. Sigh.

2. Mr. Traffic Police seems to want bribe

He requested for my Identification Card and asked me, "So how now, Miss? Should I summon you?" I was already praying before and during my conversation with good ol' Mr. Policeman. This was temptation staring me in the face here! What would you do? To bribe and get away? Or to risk getting a summons? I prayed and prayed not to give into the temptation to take the "easy way out". Praise God, I resisted the temptation, and eventually, Mr. Traffic Police probably realised he ain't gonna get any, so he sent me off with a warning.

 

Thank God It's Friday! Went to dinner then Homelife feeling rather disheartened and unenthusiastic. The verses shared brought encouragement.  Here's the paraphrase from NLT:

I cried out, “I am slipping!”
      but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.

When doubts filled my mind,
      your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

~ Psalm 94:18-19 ~

No comments: