Monday 12 November 2007

Two Weeks Later... [The Prelude]

Been out of the office for two weeks... well, most of the two weeks... Which explains my Houdini act from MSN as well as the blog... I know some have been looking out and found no new updates - thanks for dropping by anyways or noticing that I was offline for so long yah; your support/care means a lot to me... =)

Well, the past two weeks have been crazy... Two weeks ago, I was in Malacca from Monday to Wednesday (for work lah... not play, lolz!) Then was supposed to be out of office for at least half a day on Thursday, but at 9am, I was 'grounded' and scolded unnecessarily by one of the bosses (the head of the secretariate team for the seminar we're conducting the coming Monday - Wednesday) - he 'commented' that I didn't know how to plan my time and my work and 'accused' me of being "calculative regarding work" (whatever that's supposed to mean... haihz), then told me to reschedule the appointment and stay in the office to clear up the seminar-related work! I've already been working full time on the seminar-related stuff for the past couple of weeks full time and almost everything was already in place... But, what to do... boss mah... stay in office lor... So Thursday and Friday was 'grounded' in office to work on the final bits of preparatory work... There were changes every now and then, even up till the last day, aiyo... Even stayed back on Friday for an extra hour overtime (no OT pay la, for those who were wondering... lolz!) even though I actually wanted to rush back home so that I could make it on time to meet up with some friends for dinner before going to the Leader's Conference at church that evening.

Leader's Conference was Friday night and the whole of Saturday (started at 8.30am for breakfast and ended at around 4pm). Sunday was it's usual 9.15am - 3pm at church for Creative Arts class (teaching) - Sunday Service - Christmas Musical practice! Then it was a quick visit to Jack and Lyanne who were celebrating their son, Darrell's full moon, followed by dinner with my family and a visit to my aunt's.

Slept fairly early on Sunday as I had to be at Sheraton Subang at 6.30am to prepare for the seminar registration, which was supposed to start at 8am... Good thing we were there already... There was a participant who came at 7am!! So, Monday to Wednesday was running around and working at Sheraton Subang for the seminar. Made it to pop in to visit Andy (get well soon, golf diva! We're all praying for you...) at SJMC on Tuesday during lunch hour. Thursday was Deepavali, which was a public holiday. Went for an overnight retreat with some cell group members, which meant I had to take a day off from work on Friday - this also means an entire week out of the office. Saturday was spent going out with friends and then Sunday's activities again.

Thankfully I had a nap before dinner, so I'm hoping tomorrow I will be able to walk into office and not crawl in, lolz! Phew, what a busy time... Will have to settle reports and claims and prepare for an upcoming meeting (and the minute-taking for the meeting) and start working on the paperwork that's been put aside for weeks due to the seminar-related work I was busy with... Whoa, I gotta stop thinking about what's waiting for me at the office, or else I won't be able to sleep, lolz! Well, all glory to God for sustaining me throughout the past two weeks... The retreat, although tiring, was great fun and a good break away from the craziness of the office! =)

No comments: