Tuesday 27 November 2007

Sickie wanna rest at home...

Yup... feeling sick liao, haihz.

Yesterday, my workload was like some sort of twisted ironic joke ler. Started the day off having nothing much to do - good lor, then I can read up in preparation for Bible Quiz this Friday, as well as work on the SAN blog... Was just thinking, "What a nice break for a change..." (Was swamped with work for the past few weeks, so a break was much welcomed)

One of our department's admin girls came over and asked if I could "CTC" (certified true copy) some documents. Since I was free, I thought why not and welcomed some work to keep me occupied. "Surprise" #1 - the stack was more than an inch thick and I have to sign each and every page! Then later on, just before lunch, I received a thick stack of documents, which were license applications I had to evaluate - a stack that measured up to a couple of inches thick! ("Surprise" #2) Moments later, "Surprise" #3 came along... another stack of document to CTC - about 1.5-2 inches thick, and again, each and every page required my signature... *faintz*

By the end of the day, I had completed signing the first stack of CTC documents and cleared up the applications (counted a total of 25!) before I left for the day. Unfortunately, the houseman I requested to help me to get a company's contact number faxed the document that I had prepared but not planned to send out yet... haihz. This led to me having to entertain the "uncle" that called and tried to weasel/intimidate/bargain for me to approve his application although he was missing some key documents. Called me 2-3 times, and in the end, I passed the last call he made directly to my immediate boss - who told him the same thing (no license if insufficient insufficient documents), haha!
So, today - so far I've completed CTC-ing the remaining documents from yesterday as well as clear up some follow up cases... Unfortunately, the sniffles that started this morning seems to not want to clear itself, haihz... Now I'm feeling feverish and weak liao... Head feels heavy...
Sickie wanna go home... haihz.

No comments: