Wednesday 21 November 2007

28 Days Later... [The Update]

It's been a while since my last blog post... Been busy - the reason for the endless mountain of work? Please refer to The Prelude.

Anyways, I've been swimming (you could also say 'drowning', but that would just be a bit too morbid, doncha think?) in work since I got back into the office - thank God that I'm still alive, though, hehe! Plenty of work to keep me occupied so I haven't been able to post or say much via MSN either.

Thankfully, things are starting to be more under controlled now and the office has been quiet for a couple of days (which means I have time and space to settle my work). Probably will be quiet for till the end of the week - slightly more than half my department are away in Singapore for a seminar, another two more are away for training till Thursday, one more went off to Penang yesterday for some workshop. Today's attendance: my direct boss (who's covering for Head of Department), another officer and yours truly... If you think that is few, you should've seen yesterday - my direct boss (who went out for inspection, so does that count?) and me! - this leaves me the 'highest ranking' staff in my dept (the rest are admin staff) and the 'right' to be "boss for the day"...

I know, I know what you must be thinking now: "Wah, get to be boss - good mah..." On the contrary!! Being boss is good... Playing boss is NOT. Someone from the admin department tried to twist my arm into making a decision regarding some renovations that supposedly is confirmed and finalised for the department. I wasn't updated with the latest plans or decisions regarding this renovation matter - the last I heard was we were waiting on upper level management to decide whether or not the renovations can be done --> how does the ding dong expect me to make any decision with the excuse "since I'm the boss for the day and the contractor is already here to discuss"? Gah!! In case you're wondering... Of course I didn't make any decisions and told him to come back another time when at least my direct boss (whom I hope knows what is happening) is around... duh.

Anyway, on a brighter note... I've also been working on my homelife group's blog... Finally got it kick-started (after quite some delay)!! Praise God, it's finally up and running! If you wanna take a peek there, you're welcomed to. =) Just click here to be redirected!

No comments: