Wednesday 4 April 2007

Minutes of 'fame'...

Yesterday, I had too many minutes of fame. Yeah, so many people want their '5-minutes of fame'... But trust me, you don't want it the way I had it, haha!

I'd left my car's headlights on (*slap forehead*) after I finally secured the parking lot. This motorcyclist took a long time to get the idea that he was in my way... grr!! I suppose all the energy that went into getting him to realize that kinda resulted in me forgetting about the lights, sigh. (Time to whip out the gingko??) Oi, a lot of energy went to that effort wei... some more after managing to successfully 'sleep-drive' to work ler!

Went for the computer course I'd signed up for... then at 10am, my colleague called. Quietly picked up the call lar. "Oi, you left your car lights on lar!" *dsshhh* So, I excused myself from the class and went to turn off the lights lor. Then I tried to start the engine, just to see if the battery has died already... And that's how the 'too many minutes' began...

The car won't start... The alarm went off... *sweat* Anyone and everyone who passed by stared as they went past. (Now that I think about it, how come none stopped to help ler... aiyoh!) Thankfully, my colleagues came to the rescue! Finally got the car jump started from one of the company cars. (Yeah, I know where the drivers' room is now, haha! Yes, there is a room for all the drivers!!) After the whole thing was over, there were a few people who came to me and told me that they saw the lights on, but... didn't know which department I worked at (this is excusable, since the lady is my parking neighbour only), forgot to tell me (*sweat*), don't know where I was (acceptable, since I'm not in my 'usual place'), blah, blah, blah!! I was sooo tickled by the irony! =P

Well, still... a few people to thank... Lim, for being the 'muscle' behind the task (hehe!)... Vino, for the company while I let the engine run to charge the battery... Lai, Rae and Yoges (good to see you, Yoges!!) for their company too!! The kind soul who lead me to the drivers' room... The company car... The jumper cable... Okok, getting carried away here, haha! Well, it was good to know that there was help to fix the problem... and it came speedily too... Managed to get the car started in about 15 minutes from the time I'd let the alarm rip! Praise the Lord for providing so many kind souls along the way!

Ok, today, I checked and double checked before leaving the car... haha!! Still a bit 'paranoid' kua... haha!! Yes, in case you were wondering, I DID turn off the lights today! Enough 'fame' lar... The lady (my parking neighbour) knew I was a pharmacist ler... and I don't even know her wan!! Never even spoken to her before! Scary!! Sighz... I guess that's what you get being the only pharmacist here! So much for being just a face in the crowd in an unknown territory...

No comments: