Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas 2007

What a day!! Between waking up in the morning and putting my head down to sleep, I was barely home! I’m feeling the results of that today, haha! Thank God, it’s the end of the year and many are on leave – so the workload is also much slower. My brains can take its time to wake up while the rest of my body runs on autopilot. *winks*

Christmas 2007… in as few words as I possibly can summarize it:

Christmas Musical (The Christmas Shoes) during Christmas Service at church. Finally after weeks and weeks of practices, it was THE day… Ok lar, we had a performance on Sunday night at Putra Heights Community Centre – but comparatively, this audience is at least 10 times larger!! So… “survived” that. Was part of the choir and played one of the cast (which required a solo performance that to me, didn’t go that great).

Then, rushed home to go over to my cousin’s condo for Christmas lunch. Check out the food (or what’s left of it when we arrived, hehe)!

- On the table: Roast chicken with stuffing and gravy; Roast pork; Seafood spaghetti; Fried meehoon; Potato salad; Fresh veggie salad with honey mustard dressing; Chocolate cake; Cheese cake; White wine; Red wine; Plain water (on request) –

Of the four kiddos that were there, one was grumpy cos he didn’t get to go swimming at my cousin’s condo pool and another was cranky and moody cos he was just discharged from the hospital like the day before or something. Was in hospital due to pneumonia, I heard… He’s only like erm… 4 years old?? Poor thing.

- The kids with their prezzies… As usual, kiddos get all the “good stuff”?? –

Finally got home at around 5pm. Rested and took a shower. Left home about 6.30pm and headed over to aunt’s place for dinner.

7 adults. Pork rib (leftover; only 3 pieces – dad, sis and myself were the privileged few). Roast lamb. Roast chicken drumsticks. Fresh veggie salad with thousand island dressing. Riesling. Chocolate cake with ice cream. Rose syrup with lime (my aunt makes the best one I’ve tasted!!)


Cousin came back later after dinner to add to the numbers. The rest of the night was attempts at magic tricks (Us trying to follow in dad’s "David Blaine's street magic" footsteps), cracking jokes here and there – in short, a very jolly time indeed! Left at about 11 something.

Got home. Cleaned up. Watched some comedy on YouTube with the family. Sleep.

Today, woke up to the sound of my handphone’s alarm clock and the realization that I have to go to work.

No comments: