Thursday 13 September 2007

Fried brains?

I wonder if I'd managed to fry my brains...

Yesterday afternoon, I had to attend a seminar in KL. I'd already woken up in the morning feeling lethargic and a sore throat about to happen. Went into office in the morning and took some herbal pills to (hopefully) reduce heatiness (is that how you spell it?). However, I started sniffling the whole day - someone actually commented that I sounded as though I was crying! =S

Well, in the afternoon, after getting a quick bite for lunch, despite still feeling rather sick, I began my "adventure" to KL. The reason I'm calling it an "adventure" is because I wasn't too sure how to get there, but managed to get some directions from a few friends (Thanks, y'all...)

Thankfully, I made it there without getting lost. Went with another 2 colleagues in a convoy. The convoy leader roughly knows how to get there... phew! It was rather funny cos all three cars took turns to lead when trying to guess which building we were supposed to get to, haha!

Anyhoo, the seminar is another story in itself, so I'm not going into the details. Roughly, I had to sit through a seminar on crystal healing... some New Age concept. The presenter started his talk by going around and banging his "singing bowl" and placing it in front of the forehead. That "singing bowl" produced such a ringing that my head was spinning... =S (already feeling sick enough ler... haihz)

Well, by the time I got back home, I was feeling kinda drained, exhausted and sick. Decided to take my temperature cos I felt body ache and feverish. Wondered if it was just hay fever, otherwise the sniffles were actually because of flu. The thermometer read 38 degrees Celcius! Being one who dislikes Panadol (somehow it makes me feel sicker after taking it... I know this sounds wierd, but I feel like puking after taking paracetamol - active ingredient of Panadol), I rested a little bit and then went out for dinner and Prayer Meeting.

At Prayer Meeting, I was requested to sing backup for Pastor Timothy who was songleading. I was wondering how I was going to manage this because my throat was sore and scratchy, but I just trusted that God would make a way. Pastor Timothy lead the worship team in prayer before we started, and by the end of the prayer - praise God... throat was A-okay for singing! =)

Still had chills and body ache by the end of Prayer Meeting though. Went home and measured temperature again - an average of 38.3 degrees Celcius. One time the reading was actually 38.5 degrees Celcius!! =S

So, a cup of milk and two Panadols an hour later (forced to take Panadol already since the fever was so high... an hour later cos I fell asleep after having the milk, hehe...), it was wet towel on forehead for the rest of the night in an attempt to lower the fever. My head felt like it was about to explode at certain times... Recalling people telling me how high fever can cause brain damage didn't really help the situation much. Already feel like my brains were being barbecued as it is... =S All I could to was ask God to relieve the pain, and soon, I was asleep.

Praise God, this morning when I woke up, temperature was at 36.5 degrees Celcius... normal! =) Then only I realized that I could've really fried my brains cos I recall hearing somewhere that one degree above normal was already considered high fever, whereas two degrees above normal is quite critical liao. Thinking back, I was actually considering going to the hospital last night, but was too tired and in pain to want to move after getting home. Thank God, I think I didn't fry my brains... but I think I may have possibly been close to it, though... =S

In any case, praise God for healing and protection over me! =)

2 comments:

Eric Thor said...

I think your brains have been ALREADY fried many, many, many, many, MANY years back. Hehehehe

kimaroo said...

=P
Grrr...